Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Try a Tri?

Less than a month from now I’ll be embarking on my first triathlon. I’m not one of those “Ironman Types” who love multi discipline sports, I fact I’m not looking forward to the swim leg, with swimmers frantically kicking past me to get near the front. In fact the whole idea of a triathlon scares the hell out of me…that’s why I’m so excited about it.

It all started with the Santa Run (see earlier post) and since I was a bit of a “show off” in that race, a few guys at work selected me to be on their Tri team.
“No worries, that’ll be easy.” I said studying the course map.
“Three months to train, I’ll be ready...”

That was two months ago, sadly my training plans never materialized. I did manage to improve my best score on “Madden NFL 2005” on my XBOX and I did have a nice holiday. Now it’s less than a month to go and I fell like a teenager cramming for a big test. From this weekend it’s game on! No more lazing about.

That’s the reason for my excitement; I’m really excited about training again, albeit if the catalyst is some silly Tri and not an ultra-marathon, it’s a baby step in the right direction and should get me focused again on what I love… Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment