Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Turning Tarahumara?

I've been thinking about running to work for awhile now, and although it’s rather ambitious to double my training load, I think the time has come to give it a try. It’s 12.5k each way (25k return x 5 trips a week= 125k) + a Sunday long run of 30-35K equals…..drum roll please……100 miles a week! Take that “training plateau!”

So today is day #1.  I got a little excited with my new and improved regime and decided to add a climb up Mt. Brown (even its 5k away from my new route.) I think it was immediately after I summited Mt Brown, some 15k away from home that the gravity of what I’m attempting became quite clear, it’s gonna be tough, and although I do love “bonus k’s” , there may not be room for extra in “the Century” (cool nickname huh?)
Anyway I can throw away my old long runs and easy recovery runs that used to rule my week, and say “hello” to quality back to backs. I can do it, no problem…it’s easy….now if you’ll excuse me it’s 4:30 at night and I’m falling asleep…….

1 comment:

  1. 160k a week would be pretty awesome. reckon if Mt Brown gets some work then even 110km would be worth a lot.

    ReplyDelete