Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New shoes...maybe!

I must be getting old; I’ve become a “letter writer”…
All for a good cause though, after missing out on “New Balance’s MT100”...and only just getting a pair of the updated MT101’s (minimalist trail shoes). I’ve joined the minimalist shoe revolution! Why not, you get better feel, an overall lighter shoe, and a sole that doesn’t encourage heel striking. I’ve been hanging out for the much hyped “Minimus” range that NB has been sprucing since the middle of last year. The trouble is that all of these wonderful shoes are not available in Australia, furthermore NB (USA) does not ship overseas, so I sent NB a letter:


Hello,
I'm a trail runner living in Perth.
I've been using New Balance for a couple of years now with great success.
Several of my friends and I all use trail running shoes (and minimalist shoes in particular)
I tried to get some MT 100's when they first came out, but they sold out quickly in the USA and never even came to OZ, When the MT101's were released I managed to get a pair from the states as they once again did not come to Australia. Why is this? They are known throughout the "ultra running" community as a great shoe...and that’s coming from a group that goes through a lot of shoes!
The Minimus range has just been released in the USA and it appears that we will miss out again, and to make matters worse the USA New Balance website will not send them overseas.
My point being, that there are a lot of very committed trail runners over here (Australia) and why deny them what may very well be the best New Balance shoes

2 comments:

  1. Good letter. Maybe one way around the problem is to get some of our family and friends who live in USA to buy the 101's and get them to send them over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. NB sent me a email saying they will bring the "Minimus" range to Australia....in Oct.
    Oh well they say WA is the "wait awhile" state!
    better late than never i guess.

    ReplyDelete