Monday, February 14, 2011

12 hours of fun


I’ve been thinking about doing a track race for awhile now, the “no support required” part of it makes it a lot easier to commit to compared to a 50 or 100 miler where you would need a lot of support for water and food drops, most of my long runs have been with full pack: 2lt. water, food, phone, light, first aid gear. Etc. So I’ve been keen to see what I can do (distance) when running naked (without pack)
The 12hr Track race is going to be my first foray on the track, and my only goal at this stage is to “tick off” 50 miles. I ran an unsuccessful 50 miler late last year with one other runner and by 40 miles I was in bad shape and elected to DNF, that race and distance in particular has haunted me ever since.
So its four weeks away and I’m coming off a successful (1st place) finish at the recent “Fat Ass” race in Wungong Gorge, I’m feeling pretty strong and should be able to pass this milestone with relative ease. Enough typing time to run!
Week 1: 75k
Total as of 14/02/2011: 75k

No comments:

Post a Comment