Tuesday, October 4, 2011

finding some "mo-jo"


Okay, I’ve been stringing a few runs together lately. I’ve been enjoying my nightly runs around my city. I’m starting to get some decent stamina back too and I should be back to comfortable 20k’ers by the end of the week.
20k in my mind is a great enjoyable distance; I’m still getting in some good endurance training and not running so much that I’m mentally depleted. If I think back to a couple of months ago my running was in tatters and it was due to an over-training injury…a mental one. Too much running and not enough sleeping + a calorie deficiency = bad running.
I’ve since found a better balance that works for me and I’m looking at longer distances again, maybe an ultra at the end of the year. I’m trying to get the old trail crew back together too,  I’m looking forward to some single track fun. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment